Creating a Faces Smart Album
After you have applied names to Faces, you can create Smart Albums based on the people in your photos.
- In the library, select the Faces view.
- Shift-click Cathy and Ron’s images.
- Drag the two images to the Library inspector, and then press the V key to view the Browser only.
A Smart Album is automatically created with the name Cathy or Ron. But what if we wanted this Smart Album to only include photos with Cathy and Ron?
- Click the Smart Album Smart Settings HUD.
- In the pop-up menu at the top left of the HUD, change Any to All.
- Close the Smart Settings HUD.
- Click the Smart Album’s name to highlight it.
- Double-click the word or, which is in the title of the Smart Album.
- Change the word or to and, and then press Return.
Faces and Places information is based on emerging and constantly evolving technologies. It eventually will become essential search criteria just as keywords and EXIF metadata are today. Although Faces may make a wrong suggestion at times, and not everyone has a GPS for their camera, the flexibility of these features means any library can benefit from this technology today and reap even greater rewards as the technology matures.