Taking Still Photos
The Xoom’s built-in camera software is highly intuitive and very usable, letting you take both still pictures and video, including HD video. In this section, I cover taking still photos.
To take a picture:
- If the Camera app isn’t already open, complete the steps in “To open the photo software” earlier in this chapter.
- Line up a shot in the Xoom’s viewfinder, as shown in .
- Touch the Flash icon to open the Flash Mode panel, and set the appropriate option (On, Off, or Auto).
- Touch the plus (+) and minus (–) buttons at the top of the screen to set the exact level of zoom needed.
In , for example, zoom is set at 2.5x.
- Touch the button in the center of the circle to capture the picture.
When the picture is taken, you hear a camera shutter open and close—a recorded sound, but realistic.
To view a photo you’ve taken:
- Touch the thumbnail image in the bottom-left corner of the screen to go to the Gallery .
- To find the photo you want, scroll through the pictures in the Gallery by touching a picture and sliding it left or right, as shown in .