Shooting Video on the Xoom
As I mention earlier in this chapter, the Xoom’s rear-facing 5-megapixel camera can record HD video. This section goes over this procedure.
The video software uses the same controls as the photo software (see the preceding section), plus a few extra ones that I cover in this section.
To open the video software:
- Open the Camera app by completing the steps in “To open the photo software” earlier in this chapter.
- Move the slider in the bottom-right corner of the screen from the Photo icon to the Video icon, as shown in .
To set video options:
- Touch the Video Quality icon to set video quality.
Your choices are High, Low, and YouTube.
- Touch the Time Lapse Interval icon to set time-lapse intervals (how often a frame is captured).
To record video:
- Touch the red Record button .
As you record, the elapsed time appears in the top-right corner of the screen .
- Touch the red and white Stop Record button .
To play back your video:
- Touch the thumbnail image in the bottom-left corner of the screen to go to the video player .
- Use the player’s controls to play your video.
The controls are simple. Touch the right-facing arrow to start the video and the pause symbol to stop or pause the video.