Creating Movies with Movie Studio
The folks at Motorola have made sure that the Xoom is an extremely capable device right out of the box. Indeed, the Xoom includes a piece of software called Movie Studio that allows you to create and edit movie masterpieces. This software allows you not only to edit video, but also to create slideshows or incorporate still photos into a video.
This section shows you to how to start a Movie Studio project and tinker with some of the settings of Movie Studio. Entire books have been written on the subject of video-editing software, but this section gives you enough info to start you on your way to becoming an auteur.
To start a new project in Movie Studio:
- Slide the home screen to the left to see the Movie Studio icon .
- Touch the Movie Studio icon to activate the program.
When Movie Studio starts, you see a New Project icon .
- Touch the New Project icon.
The Project Name panel appears.
- Enter a project name on the onscreen keyboard, as shown in , and touch the OK button.
The Movie Studio app opens a project screen .
To import video into a Movie Studio project:
- In the project screen , touch the Add Video icon (the filmstrip with the plus sign).
Movie Studio displays two import options, as shown in .
- To import video that’s already on your Xoom, touch the Camera icon; to download video from the Web, touch the Download icon.
- Select the video you want to import .
The video file shows up in the main screen of Movie Studio .
- If you want to import music, change the name of the project, or export a finished movie, touch the Settings icon in the top-right corner .
- If you want to import a still photo, touch the Gallery icon , and select a photo to insert into the movie .