- Top 10 Reasons to Build Online Businesses with Adobe Business Catalyst
- Benefit 1: No Server-Side Coding Required
- Benefit 2: All-in-One Solution
- Benefit 3: Build Sites That Allow Customers to Participate Online
- Benefit 4: Work Quickly and Efficiently, Anywhere You're Connected
- Benefit 5: Easy-to-Add Site Features
- Benefit 6: Secure and Scalable Platform
- Benefit 7: Design Sites Using Familiar Dreamweaver Capabilities
- Benefit 8: Secure Transactions
- Benefit 9: Promote Products and Services with Email Campaigns
- Benefit 10: Sign Up for a Free Account and Check Out the Service
Benefit 4: Work Quickly and Efficiently, Anywhere You're Connected
The Admin Console is a site-development interface that includes everything you need to create, build, configure, and deploy websites. All you need is a browser with an Internet connection. It's not necessary to purchase any special software-unless you'd prefer to work with Adobe Dreamweaver. Use the File Manager in the Admin Console to upload images and site files directly to the host server.
You can also grant your clients access to a modified version of the interface, which allows them to use the same tools to maintain their site. Depending on your clients' level of participation, you can enable them to create products to update inventory, track customer inquiries and resolve customer cases, update their blog and add site content, and run custom reports to stay on top of trends (see Figure 4). Since the admin user accounts are permissions-based, you decide exactly which features to enable; your clients see a simplified menu structure that helps them to focus on running their business.
Figure 4 The Dashboard displays site statistics to help business owners track trends.