No matter how you interpret the business prospects of such mobile industry trends, we can focus the decision for you this way: it’s never enough to follow trends (or, frankly, our advice alone) in lockstep; you’ll do better to apply the most relevant industry initiatives as part of your own well-planned course.
That could mean several fresh approaches, including
- Reconsidering your current online customers as mobile shoppers.
- Repositioning your products via social shopping websites or apps.
- Restocking inventory to offer items of more interest to mobile consumers.
- Redesigning your mobile website or app to attract tablet consumers.
- Adapting parts of your core business for the international mobile market.
- Timing participation in mobile point-of-sale ventures to maximize your profits.
- Investigating emerging technologies like “augmented reality” and others so that you remain aware and able to adopt your business to how your customers prefer shopping.
Taken as a whole, we ask you to consider these trends and their impact on your mobile plans along with industry best practices that will help drive your new mobile business, the subject of our next chapter.