Working with Cover Flow
Cover Flow splits the window into two panes:
- The Cover Flow pane at the top of the window displays each item in the window as an icon or a preview of its first page.
- The item list pane at the bottom of the window displays a sortable list of the items in the window.
When you select an item in the item list, its icon or preview appears in the Cover Flow pane.
You can use either pane to flip through the contents of a window to see item previews. This makes it possible to scroll through files to find one you’re looking for, even if you don’t know its name.
To flip through documents in Cover Flow
Use one of the following techniques:
- If the scroll bar is displayed in the Cover Flow pane , drag the scroller to the left or right to display different icons or previews.
- If you have a Multi-Touch device (page 13), use gestures to scroll icons and previews in the Cover Flow pane to the right or left. This works even if scroll bars are not displayed .
- Click the icon or preview for an item in the Cover Flow pane.
- Select an item in the item list pane.
- Press the Up Arrow or Down Arrow key to display the previous or next item.
To change the size of the Cover Flow pane
- Position the pointer on the resize box beneath the scroll bar in the Cover Flow pane.
The pointer turns into a hand.
- Press the button and drag:
- To make the Cover Flow pane smaller, drag up.
- To make the Cover Flow pane larger, drag down .
As you drag, the hand pointer seems to grasp the resize box as the pane’s bottom border moves.
- When the pane is the desired size, release the button.