This chapter is from the book
- How do you switch between libraries within Aperture?
- What command allows you to merge two Aperture libraries?
- What is GPX?
- How do you view a map only for photos of a certain project?
- Where do you find the menu to create a new Smart Album based on the Places view?
- How do you add a name to a face that has not been located by Aperture?
- Choose File > Switch to Library. In the submenu, select Other/New to select another Aperture Library or to open an iPhoto Library. If you have previously opened the library, you will find it listed in the submenu.
- With the destination library active within Aperture, choose File > Import > Library. You may also use this feature to merge an iPhoto library into an Aperture library.
- GPX is one of the GPS track log file types that Aperture can import. The other supported format is NMEA.
- Select the project, and then click the Places button in the toolbar. Selecting the Places view in the Library inspector will show you the locations for all projects.
- The “New Smart Album from View” is found in the Places Action pop-up menu in the tool strip.
- Select an image to display in the Viewer. In the toolbar, click the Name button, and in the dialog click the Add Missing Face button. Finally, type a name in the label.