Office 2013 and SkyDrive Documents
Office 2013 was designed to make it easy to open and save documents to your SkyDrive account. You can access Office documents on SkyDrive in these ways:
- While viewing or editing with an Office Web App, you can launch Office to perform more advance editing on the current document.
- Documents that have been saved to or uploaded to SkyDrive can be opened from within Office 2013.
- While working in Office 2013, you can save the current document to SkyDrive.
To launch an Office 2013 application from an Office Web App:
- In Office Web Apps, open an Office document on SkyDrive or create a new Office document.
- Do either of the following:
- Click the Open in Office application icon A.
- Click the File tab C. When editing the document, select the Info category and click the Open in Office application icon. When viewing the document, select the Edit category and click the Edit in Office application icon.
When editing a document, this icon can be found at the right end of the Ribbon. When viewing a document, choose Edit Document > Edit in Office application B.
The Office application launches (if it isn’t already running) and the SkyDrive document opens.
To open a SkyDrive document from Office 2013:
- Go to the Open section of the Backstage by doing either of the following:
- Click the File tab. Select the Open category in the Backstage.
- Press Ctrl-O.
An Open dialog box appears E.
The document downloads from SkyDrive and opens in the Office application.
To save a document to SkyDrive from Office 2013 (first save):
- Click the File tab.
- In the Backstage, select Save As and select your name SkyDrive F.
- Select a listed SkyDrive folder in which to save the document or—to select a different (unlisted) SkyDrive folder—click the Browse icon.
- Optional: Navigate to a different SkyDrive folder, such as a subfolder of the current folder.
- Optional: Change the filename and/or file type.
- Click the Save button.
A Save As dialog box appears.
The document is saved to SkyDrive in the designated folder.
To save a document to SkyDrive from Office 2013 (subsequent saves):
- Open the document by loading it from SkyDrive.
- After editing the document, save the changed version to SkyDrive by clicking the Save icon in the Quick Access Toolbar G, pressing Ctrl-S, or selecting Save in the Backstage.
The edited document is saved to SkyDrive, overwriting the previous copy.