- Business Models for the E-Conomy
- The Plan Is the Thing
- Customer Touch Points
- Content Will Always Be King
- Instant Global Presence
- Outsourcing Is Always an Option
- New Expectations for Customer Service
- Ongoing Internet Marketing
- The Law Catches Up to E-Business
- Shifting Markets
- A View from the Real World
- Change Is Constant, Change Is Good
Any business function in the holistic Internet-enabled entity can be outsourced.
The company's roadmap and set of plans is the starting point for identifying possible areas for outsourcing.
You need to decide what levels of control and access are right for your company.
Customer touch points must still be managed by you, even if some processes are outsourced.
In deciding what to outsource, you need to evaluate financial, marketing, and technical factors.
Evaluating outsourcing partners is similar to evaluating any type of business partner.
You should put a service level agreement (SLA) in place with your outsourced partner and establish a frequent communication schedule.
Be prepared to replace partners that don't live up to their SLAs or don't adequately deal with the customer touch points.