- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
- Using the Gap Tool
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
You can also lock objects so they cannot be moved or modified. This prevents people from inadvertently destroying your layout.
To lock the position of an object
With the object you want to lock selected, choose Object > Lock Position. A small padlock appears if you try to move or modify the object .
The Padlock cursor indicates that the Lock Position command has been applied.
To unlock objects
Choose Object > Unlock All on Spread. This unlocks the objects and leaves them selected on the page.