- Create and Save a TextEdit Document
- Find and Replace Words or Phrases
- Paste Text to Match the Existing Text
- Use Your Favorite Text Styles Easily
- Tabs and Indents
- Create Lists that Number Themselves
- Create Tables
- Print Automatic Page Numbers
- Automatic Spelling Correction
- Select Noncontiguous Text
- Show Substitutions
- Extra Tips and Notes
- Read Microsoft Word Files
Automatic Spelling Correction
TextEdit can automatically correct many spelling errors as you type. To enable this feature, open the TextEdit Preferences (from the TextEdit menu). Make sure the “New Document” tab is chosen. Toward the bottom of the window, check the “Correct spelling automatically” box. Close the Preferences pane.
If TextEdit can’t figure out how to spell it or if automatic correction is turned on, you’ll probably see a under misspelled words. See Lesson 14 to learn to use the spell checker.