- Things to Consider Before You Buy
- Purchasing Minecraft
- Downloading and Installing Minecraft
Downloading and Installing Minecraft
Once you have registered your game and set up an account, you can download and install Minecraft.
If you are not already logged in, log in to your Mojang account. You will find that Minecraft has been added under the My Games section, along with your start date, your profile name, and the download buttons for Windows, Mac, and Linux (Figure 4.9).
Figure 4.9 An updated accounts page with Minecraft included
Click the Windows button under “Download Game.”
Your computer downloads the Minecraft.exe file.
- Save it where you wish; on your desktop or in a games folder, for example.
Double-click Minecraft.exe to run it.
Minecraft opens its launcher.
- Enter your Mojang account email address (not your Minecraft username) and password.
Ignore the coding and tabs at the top, and click Play at the bottom of the page.
You’ll find yourself at the Minecraft main menu, ready to play (Figure 4.10).
Figure 4.10 The Minecraft launch page
- Click the Apple logo button under “Download Games.” Minecraft downloads to your Downloads folder.
- Drag Minecraft from the Downloads folder to your Applications folder.
- Double-click the Minecraft icon.
Ignore the coding and tabs at the top, and press Play at the bottom of the page.
You’ll find yourself at the Minecraft main menu, ready to play.