Using AirDrop to Share iPhoto Projects on iOS
Although iPhoto on iOS can share photos in a number of different ways, using AirDrop enables you to send your photos, slideshows, and journals directly to another iOS device.
Once you’ve enabled AirDrop from the Control Center, sending photos to another iOS device is easy.
- Open iPhoto from the iOS Home screen.
- Tap Projects to open the Projects view (see Figure 6).
- In the project view, tap a slideshow or journal that you would like to send to another device.
- Tap the Share button , then tap AirDrop.
- Tap the name of the device you want to send the items to. The process of sending the Journal will begin.
- On the device receiving the journal or slideshow, tap Accept on the alert that appears. The photo is added to the receiving device’s Camera Roll.
If device names do not appear, check that AirDrop is enabled on the other devices that within range, and that each device is in the Contacts app or the AirDrop settings is set to “Everyone.”
In cases where the receiving device does not have the app installed, to open a specific file type, the pop-up dialog will prompt the receiving device to download the app (see Figure 7).