- Is That a Game on My Phone?
- The Pipeline for Making Mobile Games
- Exercise 7: Creating Assets for a Mobile Robot Shooter
- Creating Levels
- Making Props, Pickups, and Other Stuff Lying Around
- Exercise 8: Creating Prop Designs and Textures
- Creating a Crate Texture Map
- Creating FX for the Mobile Space
- Exercise 9: Creating a 2D Sprite-Based Effect
- Chapter 4 Wrap-Up
Chapter 4 Wrap-Up
In this chapter, you covered a great deal of the specific pipelines when creating assets for a mobile 3D robot shooter game. You learned why specific assets are made the way they are, and how to build art with an eye toward saving memory.
As the mobile world progresses, the quality of the art assets you can make for the space will also increase. It is fortunate that the need for faster, better-looking graphics drives the mobile market because with each new advance in mobile technology, you’ll get a few more pixels to play with.