- Changing the Way the Start Menu Works
- Changing the Size of Start Menu Icons
- Displaying More—or Fewer—Programs
- Hiding (or Changing) the Browser and E-mail Icons
- Selecting Which Icons to Display—and How
- Adding a Program to the Start Menu Permanently
- Changing Back to the Old Style Start
- About This Article
Changing the Size of Start Menu Icons
You can also choose from two sizes of icons in the Start menu. Follow these steps:
Right-click the Start button and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
When the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box appears, select the Start Menu tab and click the Customize button.
When the Customize Start Menu dialog box appears, select the General tab (shown in Figure 2).
Figure 2 Change the size of the Start menu icons, as well as how many programs the menu displays.
Check Small Icons to display smaller icons than normal. Check Large Icons to display the default, large icons.