Placing Your Order
When you're finished creating your album, you're ready to place your order.
But wait! Have you checked your book for typos and layout? Reread all the text (on pages containing text) to look for errors. And use the page spread view along the top of the window to make sure that you've varied your spreads enough to keep the book interesting. Figure 12 shows a sample spread from my book, as well as the spreads for a bunch of other pages at the top of the window.
Figure 12 Here's an example of a finished spread that includes photos and text.
Time to place that order!
- Click the Buy Book button at the bottom of the window.
- Wait while iPhoto assembles the book. You'll see a status bar at the top of the window.
- The Order Book dialog box appears, as shown in Figure 13. Use it to set
options for the purchase, including quantity, shipping destination, and shipping
method. If you don't already have an Apple account or you're not
logged in, you'll have to click the Set Up Account button to create an
account or log in.
Figure 13 Use this form to set purchase options.
- Click the Buy Now button in the Order Book dialog box.
- Wait while iPhoto transfers the book data to Apple's server. A progress bar appears as it works (see Figure 14). The bigger your book—or the slower your Internet connection—the longer the transfer will take. My 20-page book took about four minutes with a cable modem connection.
- An order confirmation dialog box gives you an order number that you might want to write down (if you like to record those kinds of things). Click OK.
Figure 14 A progress bar indicates upload progress.
Now just wait a few days. Your photo book will be in your mailbox before you know it!