- About Easy Setups, Presets, Settings, and Preferences
- Using Easy Setups
- Using Audio/Video Presets
- Specifying Sequence Settings
- Specifying Capture Settings
- Specifying Device Control Settings
- Using Video and Audio Playback Settings
- Specifying Audio/Video Output Settings
- Specifying User Preferences and System Settings
- Setting Editing Preferences
- Setting Label Preferences
- Customizing the Timeline Display
- Specifying Render Control Settings
- Specifying Audio Output Settings
- Setting Scratch Disk Preferences
- Specifying Memory & Cache Settings
- Specifying Playback Control Settings
- Setting External Editors Preferences
- Specifying Effects-Handling Preferences
- Customizing Final Cut Pro
- Creating Custom Screen Layouts
- Creating Custom Keyboard Layouts
- Creating Custom Shortcut Buttons
Specifying Audio/Video Output Settings
The A/V Devices tab of the Audio/Video Settings window contains two sets of controls for configuring Video and Audio Playback settings: Playback Output and Different Output for Edit to Tape/Print to Video. Both control sets contain identical options—the same video and audio output settings that appear on the Summary tab—but the two independent routing controls allow you the option of selecting one output destination for external monitoring, and a different routing for video or audio output you're recording to tape. You can also enable or disable mirroring (video playback in the Canvas or Viewer) while playing back external video.
To configure additional Audio/Video output settings
- Choose Edit > Audio/Video Settings.
- On the A/V Devices tab (
), modify any of the following default settings; then click OK:
Choose video and audio output routing for Final Cut Pro playback.
- Video: Choose an external video output routing to use when playing sequences and clips from the Viewer or Canvas. See step 2 of " To select a Video Playback setting from the Audio/Video Settings Summary tab" for a list of your options.
- Mirror on Desktop: Check this box to display video in the Viewer or Canvas window on your computer monitor when playing back external video.Disable this option if you notice dropped frames in your external output during video playback.
- Audio: If you want, you can choose a different output routing for audio playback and monitoring. See step 2 of "To select an Audio Playback setting from the Audio/Video Settings Summary tab" for a list of your options.
- Options buttons: Your video or audio hardware may offer additional configuration options. Check your hardware documentation for more information.
- Different Output for Edit to Tape/Print to Video: Check the box to enable a second set of output routing controls for specifying video and audio outputs to be used during Edit to Tape or Print to Video operations. The settings options are identical to those for the Playback Output section.
- Do not show External A/V Device Warning when device not found on launch: Check this box to disable the warning dialog box that appears when you launch FCP without first turning on your external video and audio hardware. This option is recommended for editors working on an FCP system with no external hardware attached.
- Do not show warning when audio outputs are greater than audio device channels: Check this box to disable the warning dialog box that appears when you assign to a sequence more audio output channels than your currently selected audio output device can provide.
Figure 3.34 Specify how and where you monitor your video on the A/V Devices tab of the Audio/Video Settings window.
- Playback Output: Choose video and audio output routing for Final Cut Pro playback.