- About Easy Setups, Presets, Settings, and Preferences
- Using Easy Setups
- Specifying User Preferences and System Settings
- Setting Editing Preferences
- Customizing the Timeline Display
- Specifying Render Control Settings
- Setting Scratch Disk Preferences
- Specifying Memory & Cache Settings
- Specifying Playback Control Settings
- Setting External Editors Preferences
- Customizing Final Cut Express
- Creating Custom Screen Layouts
- Creating Custom Shortcut Buttons
Customizing Final Cut Express
Final Cut Express offers an array of customizable options:
- You can create and save custom full-screen layouts.
- You can turn any command used in Final Cut Express into a custom button, building custom button bars that can be saved and reloaded or transported to another FCE system.
You can create and save custom filters, transitions, and even motion effects as Favorites.
In this section, you'll learn how to create custom screen layouts and button bars. Learn about working with Favorites in Chapter 14, "Compositing and Effects Overview."