- Getting Started
- Setting Up the Document
- Using Basic Shape Tools
- Drawing the Pencil Shape
- Drawing the Piece of Stationery
- Drawing with the Rectangular Grid Tool
- Decorating the Stationery Border
- Tips for Drawing Polygons, Spirals, and Stars
- Painting the Logo
- Copying and Scaling Shapes
- Review Questions
- Review Answers
Using Basic Shape Tools
In this lesson, you’ll create a simple logo using the basic shape tools. The shape tools are organized in two groups in the toolbox, under the ellipse and Rectangle tools. You can tear these groups off the toolbox to display in their own palettes.
- Hold down the mouse button on the Rectangle tool () until a group of tools appears, and then drag to the tear-off triangle at the end and release the mouse button.
- Move the Rectangle tool group away from the toolbox.