- Setting Selection Preferences
- Selecting Lines with the Selection Tool
- Selecting Fills with the Selection Tool
- Using a Selection Rectangle
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Deselecting Elements
- Repositioning Elements Manually
- Repositioning Elements Numerically
- Basic Editing Tasks: Cut, Copy, Paste
- Editing Existing Elements with Assistance
- Moving End Points with the Selection Tool
- Moving Points with the Subselection Tool
- Reshaping Curves with the Selection Tool
- Reshaping Curves with the Subselection Tool
- Converting, Removing, and Adding Points
- Reshaping Fills
- Changing the Size of Graphic Elements
- Reorienting Graphic Elements
- Distorting Graphic Elements
- Changing the Envelope of Selected Elements
- Modifying Strokes
- Using the Eraser Tool in Normal Mode
- Using the Faucet Modifier
- Modifying Fill Colors
- Creating Solid Colors: Color Mixer Panel
- Creating New Gradients
- Creating Color Sets
- Putting Gradients to Work
- Modifying Applied Gradients
- Applying Attributes of One Graphic Element to Another
- Converting Lines to Fills
Modifying Applied Gradients
You can use Flash's fill-transform tool to modify a gradient fill. You can rotate the fill or change its size and center point.
To move a gradient fill's center point:
- In the Toolbar, select the fill-transform tool (
Figure 3.99 The fill-transform tool (left) and the pointer with which you manipulate gradients (right).
- Position the pointer over the graphic element whose gradient you want to modify.
Handles for manipulating the element appear (
Figure 3.100 Handles for transforming fills appear when you click the fill with the fill transform pointer.
- Drag the center-point handle to reposition the center point of the gradient (
Figure 3.101 Drag the center-point handle to reposition the center of the gradient within your shape.
To resize a gradient fill:
- With the fill-transform tool selected in the Toolbar, click the graphic element that contains the gradient you want to modify.
- To change the width of a linear gradient, drag the square handle (
Figure 3.102 With a linear gradient selected, use the fill-transform tool to drag the square handle inward and create a narrower rectangle for a gradient.
- To change the shape of a radial gradient, drag the square handle (
Figure 3.103 With a radial gradient selected, use the fill-transform tool to drag the square handle inward to create a narrower oval for a gradient.
- To change the radius of a radial gradient, drag the circular handle next to the square handle (
Figure 3.104 With a radial gradient, drag the first round handle outward to create a larger radius.
To rotate a gradient fill:
- With the fill-transform tool selected in the Toolbar, click the graphic element with the gradient you want to modify.
- To rotate the gradient, do one of the following: