As you upgrade to new printers and work with different service bureaus, you eventually end up with printers in your list that you no longer use. There are a couple of ways to remove them.
Printer Setup Utility
You can delete a printer using Printer Setup Utility:
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Printer Setup Utility.
- Select the printer you want to remove from the printer list.
- Click the Delete button.
Print & Fax Preference Pane
You can also use the Print & Fax preference pane to delete a printer:
- Launch System Preferences (Apple menu > System Preferences).
- Click the Print & Fax icon.
- Click the Printing tab so that you can see your printer list.
- Select the printer you want to remove (
Figure 3.25 You can remove printers from the Print & Fax preference pane too. Select the printer you want to delete, and then click the minus button below the printer list.
- Click the minus button located just below the printer list.