- Displaying Information in the Project Panel
- Finding Items in a Project
- Sorting Footage in the Project Panel
- Organizing Footage in Folders
- Renaming and Removing Items
- Proxies and Placeholders
- Viewing Footage
- Opening Footage in the Original Application
- The Footage Panel
- Cueing Motion Footage
- Magnifying an Image
- Viewing Safe Zones and Grids
- Rulers and Guides
- Viewing Transparency
- Correcting for Pixel Aspect Ratios
Finding Items in a Project
The Project panel includes a handy Find button to help you unearth items from your project that you've lost track of. Use it, and you'll never need to search through folders again.
To find an item in the Project panel:
- In the Project panel, click the Find button
Figure 3.4 In the Project panel, click the Find button.
- Enter all or part of the name of the item you're looking for in the Find field (
Figure 3.5 In the Find dialog box, enter all or part of the name of the item you're looking for, and select the options you want.
- In the Find dialog box, select the options you want to use to modify your search:
- Match Whole Word Only— To locate only items that match the entire word you entered in the Find field.
- Match Case— To locate items that include the Find field's content, taking letter case into account. For example, a search for Background (with an uppercase B) won't locate an item called background (with a lowercase b).
- Find Missing Footage— To locate missing footage—that is, items that have lost their reference to a source file.
- Click OK to search for the item.
The first item that matches the criteria you specified appears selected in the Project panel (
Figure 3.6 The first item matching the criteria you specified appears selected in the Project panel.