- Step 1: Create the Podcast File
- Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
- Step 3: Upload the Podcast File to Your Server
- Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
- Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
- Step 6: Create the Podcast Feed
- Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
- Step 8: Troubleshoot
- Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
- Step 10: Tweak
Step 10: Tweak
If you’re like me, you’ll spend another hour or two tweaking your WordPress theme files to provide instructions for viewing and subscribing to the podcast. I got fancy and used conditional statements within WordPress to display the extra podcast information on just the pages on which the podcasts appear.
But that’s a whole other article.
Maria Langer is an Arizona-based freelance writer and helicopter pilot who is hooked on WordPress for blogging and content management. She coauthored WordPress 2: Visual QuickStart Guide with Miraz Jordan, and is the author of bestselling books on Mac OS, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. Visit her on the Web at http://www.marialanger.com.