- Adding Text
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text
- Dragging and Dropping Text
- Using Paste Special
- Applying Headings
- Applying Character Formats
- Changing Fonts and Font Sizes
- Making Your Own Font Lists
- Changing Font Color
- Applying Text Styles
- Using Preformatted Text
- Adding Line Breaks
- Indenting Text
- Aligning Text
- Working with Lists
- Setting List Properties
- Nesting Lists
- Inserting Special Characters
- Adding Automatic Dates
- Adding Horizontal Rules
- Finding and Replacing
- Finding Text with a Simple Search
- Performing Advanced Text Searches
- Finding and Replacing in Source Code
- Finding and Replacing with a Specific Tag
- Using Regular Expressions for Searching
- Checking Spelling
Dreamweaver can align text with the left margin, right margin, or center of the page. You can also justify text, which adds space as needed between words so that both the left and right margins are aligned.
To align text:
- Click inside the paragraph you want to align.
- Click one of the alignment buttons in the Property Inspector (Figure 4.28).
Figure 4.28 The text alignment buttons in the Property Inspector.
After you click the button, it appears highlighted, so you know which alignment has been selected.
Choose Text > Align > Left, Center, Right, or Justify.
Use one of the keyboard shortcuts listed in Table 4.2.
Table 4.2. Alignment Shortcut Keys
Shortcut Key (Windows)
Shortcut Key (Mac)
What It Does