- Adding Text
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text
- Dragging and Dropping Text
- Using Paste Special
- Applying Headings
- Applying Character Formats
- Changing Fonts and Font Sizes
- Making Your Own Font Lists
- Changing Font Color
- Applying Text Styles
- Using Preformatted Text
- Adding Line Breaks
- Indenting Text
- Aligning Text
- Working with Lists
- Setting List Properties
- Nesting Lists
- Inserting Special Characters
- Adding Automatic Dates
- Adding Horizontal Rules
- Finding and Replacing
- Finding Text with a Simple Search
- Performing Advanced Text Searches
- Finding and Replacing in Source Code
- Finding and Replacing with a Specific Tag
- Using Regular Expressions for Searching
- Checking Spelling
Inserting Special Characters
You can add special characters, such as the Euro, copyright, or trademark symbol, to your page in Dreamweaver without having to remember their bizarre HTML equivalents or odd keyboard combinations. In Dreamweaver, relief is just a menu choice away.
To insert a special character:
- Click in the page to place the insertion point where you want the special character to appear.
In the Text tab of the Insert Bar, choose the character you want from the Special Characters pop-up menu (Figure 4.34).
Figure 4.34 Insert unusual characters from the Special Characters pop-up menu in the Text tab of the Insert Bar.
Choose Insert > HTML > Special Characters, then choose the special character you want from the submenu.
If the character you want doesn't appear in the menu, choose Other Characters from the pop-up menu in the Insert Bar, or choose Other from the Insert > HTML > Special Characters submenu. The Insert Other Character dialog appears (Figure 4.35).
Figure 4.35 The Insert Other Character dialog provides the rest of the special characters Dreamweaver can insert.
Click the character you want to use, then click OK to close the dialog.
Dreamweaver inserts the special character on your page.