- Launching Bridge
- The Bridge window
- Opening files from Bridge
- Choosing a workspace for Bridge
- Examining thumbnails
- Customizing the Bridge window
- Moving and copying files
- Filtering the display of thumbnails
- Grouping thumbnails into stacks
- Managing files
- Searching for files
- Exporting the Bridge cache
- Assigning keywords to files
- Opening PDF and Illustrator files
Exporting the Bridge cache
Each time a folder is displayed in the Content panel in Bridge, the program automatically creates a cache file containing information about the files in that folder, such as the data for displaying ratings, labels, and high-quality thumbnails. Having the cache helps speed up the display of thumbnails when you choose that folder again. If you want to include this display information with files you copy to a removable disk or to a shared folder on a network, you’ll need to copy the cache files—but before you can do so, you have to build the cache files and export them to the current folder.
To export the cache to the current folder★
- Choose Edit (Bridge, in the Mac OS) > Preferences > Advanced. In the Cache area, check Automatically Export Caches to Folder When Possible, then click OK.
- Choose Tools > Cache > Build Cache for Subfolders, then click OK when the alert dialog box appears.
- Two hidden cache files—named .BridgeCache (metadata cache) and .BridgeCacheT (thumbnail cache)—will be placed into the currently
If you use the File > Move To (or Copy To) command in Bridge to move (or copy) selected thumbnails, the folder cache you just created will also move or copy, thanks to the export option that you turned on in Preferences > Advanced.
- To display the cache files in the Content panel, choose View > Show Hidden Files.
If you suspect a folder cache may be causing a display problem, purging it may resolve the issue. Doing so will also cause Bridge to regenerate the high-quality thumbnails, so be patient while this occurs.
To rebuild the cache files
- To rebuild the cache files in the current folder, choose Tools > Cache > Purge Cache for Folder “[current folder name]”.★ Two new (hidden) cache files will be generated.