Home > Articles > Apple > iPod
Sort by Date | Title
- Creating a Podcast
- Nov 11, 2005
- So, you fancy yourself an amateur DJ, or an amateur talk show host. Podcasting offers you the opportunity to self-publish radio shows on the internet. This chapter explains both the legal and technological requirements of podcasting, and how you can get started creating your own podcasts.
- Make Your Own iTunes-Style Interface with Eye Candy
- Nov 11, 2005
- With Eye Candy: Impact, Photoshop just got easier. Impact is a sweet suite of filters and a must-have for serious Photoshop users. Whether you're a graphic designer, a digital photographer, or a Web content creator, Impact will make your designs pop. In this tutorial, Bryan Hoff shows you how to build an iTunes-like interface using Impact and Photoshop's layer styles.
- Hacking iTunes: Programming iTunes on the Windows Platform
- May 6, 2005
- In his continuing series on hacking your iPod, Matthew David gives you the skinny on developing the plugins and extensities you need to make iTunes for Windows rock.
- Hacking Your iPod: Building Windows Solutions to Load Content onto Your iPod and iTunes
- Mar 18, 2005
- Like your iPod? But don't you wish it could do just one more thing? Stop complaining and start programming! Matthew David exposes you to the fundamentals of programming iTunes to store more on your iPod.
- Shuffle That Data! Using Your iPod as a Data Repository
- Mar 11, 2005
- OK, so you've sprung for the iPod shuffle. You learned how to play Shuffle Roulette. (Random mode on! Click! Song. Click! Song. Click!) But you want more, more, more. The iPod shuffle can hold more than music; it can also hold your data. Larry Loeb looks at some of the tools that can help make your data synchronized and accessible.
- Extending Your iPod for the Mac
- Feb 18, 2005
- Matthew David tells you how you can add more content to your iPod when you are running Mac, how you can extend the content on your iPod with third-party tools, and why you should really be using a Mac for your iPod.
- Shopping at the iTunes Music Store
- Oct 15, 2004
- This sample of the book Macintosh iLife 04, The: An Interactive Guide to iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, and GarageBand by Jim Heid takes you on a tour of Apple's popular online music store and offers some tips for improving your online experience.
- Taking Your iPod Beyond Music
- May 13, 2004
- Avowed Windows lover Matthew David became enamored of a little white box full of favorite tunes. Now he has found that his Apple iPod can do even more than fill his life with music.
- Import a CD into iTunes 4
- Jan 1, 2004
- iTunes 4 features the ability to import tracks from your audio CDs in AAC (Advanced Audio Encoding) format, which, when encoded at 128 kbps (kilobytes per second), produces a smaller, better-sounding file than an MP3 file encoded at 160 kbps.
- iTunes and Mac OS X
- Aug 20, 2001
- This article by Maria Langer explains how you can get iTunes for your Mac and use it to record and play MP3 music.
- Apple's Free iTunes Rocks
- Jul 1, 2001
- by Bob LeVitus, author of The Little iTunes Book