Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
• This is the best-selling guide to Adobe’s powerful illustration program, fully updated for the 2015 release.
• Includes 15 hands-on lessons that use clear, step-by-step instructions with screenshots to teach students how to design compelling graphics using Illustrator CC.
• Online components provided to all students include all lesson files plus video-enhanced Web Edition of the book.
• Classroom in a Book is the official training series from Adobe Systems Inc., developed with the support of Adobe product experts.
This Web Edition is available for free with the purchase of the Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release) print book or eBook. A Web Edition is an electronic version of the book that can be accessed with any Internet connection from your account on www.peachpit.com. This Web Edition includes over 10 hours of step-by-step video tutorials and interactive review questions. As Adobe releases new features for Creative Cloud customers, the content of the Web Edition will be updated to accommodate the changes. Note: Web Editions cannot be viewed on an eReader. To view this book on an eReader, please purchase an eBook.
Creative professionals who seek the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn Adobe Illustrator CC (2015 release) choose this Classroom in a Book® from the best-selling series of hands-on software training workbooks. This series offers what no other book or training program does—an official training series from Adobe Systems Incorporated, developed with the support of Adobe product experts.
Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book (2015 release) contains 15 lessons that cover the basics and beyond, providing countless tips and techniques to help you become more productive with the program. You can follow the book from start to finish or choose only those lessons that interest you. As with all Classroom in a Book products, online companion files include all the necessary assets you need to complete the projects featured in each lesson.
Build a strong foundation for working with Adobe Illustrator CC, by following hands-on projects for creating logos, illustrations, and posters. Learn how to use the Shaper tool and Live Shapes along with dynamic symbols to streamline graphics creation. Create website assets and export them in SVG format to support modern responsive web designs. From exacting illustration to more free-form painting, you’ll gain vital Illustrator skills as you progress through the lessons.
What you need to use this book: Adobe Illustrator CC (2015 release) software, for either Windows or Mac OS. (Software not included.)
Where are the Lesson Files
What's New in Adobe Illustrator CC (2015 release)
A Quick Tour of Adobe Illustrator CC (2015 release)
1. Getting to Know the Work Area
2. Techniques for Selecting Artwork
3. Using Shapes to Create Artwork for a Postcard
4. Editing and Combining Shapes and Paths
5. Transforming Artwork
6. Creating an Illustration with the Drawing Tools
7. Using Color to Enhance Signage
8. Adding Type to a Poster
9. Organizing Your Artwork with Layers
10. Gradients, Blends, and Patterns
11. Using Brushes to Create a Poster
12. Exploring Creative Uses of Effects and Graphic Styles
13. Creating Artwork for a T-Shirt
14. Using Illustrator CC with Other Adobe Applications
15. Preparing Content for the Web