Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
• This is the world's best-selling guide to Apple's video-editing powerhouse, completely rewritten for Final Cut Pro 10.2.
• Provides students with a strong foundation in all aspects of video editing.
• Focused lessons teach concepts and take students step by step through professional, real-world editing scenarios from raw media to a final project.
• Chapter review questions summarize what students learn to prepare them for the Apple certification exam.
• Includes all new screenshots and approximately 30% new material for Final Cut Pro X version 10.2.
• The Apple Pro Training Series is both a self-paced learning tool and the official curriculum of the Apple Training and Certification program, used by Apple Authorized Training Centers around the world.
• Author Brendan Boykin is an Apple Certified Master Trainer as well as in-the-trenches editor.
The Apple-Certified Way to Learn
This fully-updated Apple-certified guide presents a real-world workflow from raw media to finished project to demonstrate the features of Final Cut Pro X 10.2 and the practical techniques you will use in editing projects. Using professionally acquired media, you’ll utilize the same tools and editing techniques used by editors worldwide in this revolutionary editing software. Renowned editor and master trainer Brendan Boykin starts with basic video editing techniques and takes you all the way through Final Cut Pro’s powerful features.
The lessons start as real-world as it gets--with an empty application. After downloading the media files, you will be guided through creating a project from scratch to finished draft. The basic workflow and tools are covered in Lessons 1 through 4 where you'll create a rough cut. The real-world workflow continues through the remaining lessons as you take the basic project and enhance it with a deeper dive into the more advanced Final Cut Pro X 10.2 features including how to efficiently manage media with Libraries, use the tools to create stunning 3D titles, composite effects and clips with the new mask options, retiming, and more.
Lesson 1 Getting Started
Lesson 2 Importing Media
Lesson 3 Organizing Clips
Lesson 4 Making the First Edit
Lesson 5 Revising the Edit
Lesson 6 Enhancing the Edit
Lesson 7 Finishing the Edit
Lesson 8 Sharing a Project
Lesson 9 Managing Libraries
Lesson 10 Advancing Your Workflow
Appendix A Keyboard Shortcuts
Appendix B Editing Native FormatsAppendix C Checkpoints