Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Whether you’re an accomplished musician or a student, GarageBand is the most rewarding way to create, perform, and record your own music. In the only Apple-certified guide to GarageBand, composer Mary Plummer starts by teaching you the interface and basic recording techniques and moves on to arranging a song, editing and mixing tracks, adding effects, and distributing your music files. Using practical step-by-step lessons and original music, you’ll learn how to record with any guitar, microphone, or MIDI keyboard; score a QuickTime movie; create an iPhone ringtone; jam with virtual musicians; and much more. A bonus lesson on advanced techniques covers little-known tips and time-savers that help you get the most out of GarageBand in a professional setting.
• Turn your Mac into a full-featured recording studio
• Arrange a song, edit and mix tracks, add effects, and distribute your music
• Use Magic GarageBand Jam to create your own virtual backing band
• Create a podcast complete with narration, music, sound effects, and artwork.
• Build a soundtrack and learn to score a professional trailer
• Create a fun iPhone ringtone from scratch
• Learn piano and guitar through interactive video lessons with legendary recording artists