- Copyright 2009
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-59193-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-59193-7
- ISBN-10: 0-321-60234-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-60234-3
Having your own blog isn't just for the nerdy anymore. Today, it seems everyone—from multinational corporations to a neighbor up the street—has a blog. They all have one, in part, because the folks at WordPress make it easy to get one. but to actually build a good blog—to create a blog people want to read—takes thought, planning, and some effort. From picking a theme and using tags to choosing widgets and building a community, creating your blog really starts after you set it up. In this book by blogger extraordinaire Scott McNulty, you learn how to:
- Install and get your WordPress blog running.
- Set up your site to ensure it can easily grow with you and your readers.
- Be the master of user accounts.
- Manage your site with the WordPress Dashboard and extend its capabilities with plug-ins.
- Make the most of images.
- Work with pages, templates, and links and—of course—publish your posts.
- Deal with comments—if you even want readers commenting at all.
- Find a theme—or build one yourself.
- Maintain your site and fix common problems.
[galley id="52"] should be [gallery id="52"]
Page 228, Under Figure 12.8:
"You can supply more one more argument..." should be:
"You can supply one more argument..."