PRODUCT SUPPORT ANNOUNCEMENT
See the latest about COVID-19 shipping availability and video/Web Edition load errors. Learn more.
Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
Register your book and gain access to bonus content. Just log in or join Peachpit.com, then enter the book's ISBN. After you register the book, a link to the content will be listed on your Account page under Registered Products.
You’ve got the power. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on recording-studio time anymore. Now, using Pro Tools—a digital-audio workstation—you can record demos at home on your own computer, edit tracks, add effects, and even output songs to a CD. But if you’re new to working with sound digitally, you face a daunting learning curve. Getting your music gear to work with your desktop computer or laptop—and producing results that you like—involves some unfamiliar tools and concepts.
At last, here’s a Pro Tools book written by a musician for other musicians! Author Gina Fant-Saez knows first-hand how frustrating it can be when you first make the move to using this complex, studio-quality audio application. Rather than overwhelm you with every detail of the program and complicated terminology or functions you’ll never use, Pro Tools for Musicians and Songwriters teaches only the essentials you need to record, enhance, and output your music.
With downloadable audio files from www.protoolsformusicians.com to help you get started, Pro Tools for Musicians and Songwriters will show you how to:
• Use a metronome (click track) or percussion loop to help you keep time when you record
• Record and combine multiple takes to create one seamless composition
• Edit your tracks with crossfades, panning, doubling, automation more[
• Add and manipulate plug-in effects, such as reverb
• Share your Pro Tools files with other musicians around the globe
• Output your finished composition to a CD