- NEW - Fully updated—Reflects new changes in technology since the first edition (1997).
- Lavishly illustrated, four-color book—This book thoroughly integrates information with visually exciting illustrations on every page.
- Industry-leading Author—Peter Kentie writes the monthly “DTP Masterclass” column in Macworld Nederland. His book DTP in de Praktijk is the best-selling book on desktop publishing in the Netherlands. He has designed numerous Websites for corporations including Philips Medical Systems, Simac, and Merck.
Industry-leading teachers, writers, and designers provide students with expert, professional instruction and advice. Ex.___
- Copyright 2001
- Dimensions: 6-11/16 X 9-7/16
- Pages: 448
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-201-71712-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-71712-9
Web Graphics Tools and Techniques, Second Edition provides an all-in-one resource for learning all aspects of Web design. The book teaches the basics of creating Web graphics and basic HTML coding, while introducing scores of tools, explaining advanced techniques, and enlivening the discussion with hundreds of full-color illustrations. Anyone wanting to get up to speed on the technology of Web site creation will find this book a pleasure to browse, since it thoroughly integrates information with visually exciting illustrations on every page.
The book begins with basic Web concepts, then proceeds to the specifics of formatting graphics, text, and tables with HTML. From there, it moves deeper into graphics techniques, explaining the use of such graphics tools as Photoshop, Painter, Poser, and Shockwave. In addition, it covers issues such as tables, clickable maps, 3-D images, and interactivity.
- Fully updated to reflect new changes in technology since the first edition (1997).
- Lavishly illustrated, four-color book.
- Covers the spectrum of Web graphics, ideal for newbies to Web design as well as graphic designers looking to polish their Web skills.
Table of Contents
I. FUNCTIONAL WEB DESIGN. 10 Web Design Rules. Marketing & Web Design. HTML for Designers. Building a Website. HTML Basic Concepts. Basic Table Layout. Frames and the Meta-Tag. Typography & the World Wide Web. From copy to HTML. Usability Design. Wysiwyg Web Design and Management.
II. CREATIVE WEB DESIGN. Adjusting Colors to the Web. GIF and JPEG Images. Tiled Background Patterns. Background Color and Pattern. Large Background Pattern. On and Offline Clickable MPs. Interactive Navigation on the Web. Aligning Text and Image. Seamless Table Lines. Foreground and Background Integration. Text and Image Integration. Shadow and Pattern in HTML. Painter: Image Hose & Patterns. Creative Picture Frames. Graphic Web Pages. KPT Bryce Splash Page.