- Working with the Project Panel
- Working with Project Panel Views
- Working with Icon View
- Working with List View
- Selecting Items in the Project Panel
- Using the Preview Area of the Project Panel
- Organizing Clips in Bins
- Creating Copies of Source Clips
- Finding Clips
- Interpreting Footage
- Unlinking and Relinking Media
- Using the Project Manager
Working with Icon View
In icon view items in the Project panel appear as larger icons arranged in a grid (something like the tiles view in Windows XP or Vista). Some editors prefer this view or like to switch to it when working with a client.
Icon view also lends itself to a workflow you might call storyboard editing. You can arrange the clips in order, much like the sketches in a storyboard, and then assemble them into a sequence automatically using Premiere Pro CS3's Automate to Sequence command. (See Chapter 6 for more about the Automate to Sequence feature.)
To arrange items in icon view:
- Set the Project panel to icon view and open a bin if necessary so you can select one or more items.
Drag the selected items to another cell in the grid.
A bold line between grid cells indicates where the moved items will be inserted (Figure 4.7). When you release the mouse, subsequent items are shifted to the right to make room for the moved items.
Figure 4.7 When you select items to move to a new position in the grid, a bold line between grid cells indicates where the moved items will be inserted.