- Sep 23, 2008
- Changing the 3D Rotation of an Object
- Changing the 3D Position of an Object
- Resetting Rotation and Position
- Understanding Vanishing Point and Perspective Angle
Changing the 3D Position of an Object
In addition to changing an object's rotation in 3D space, you can move it to a specific point in 3D space. Use the 3D Translation tool (see Figure 8), which is hidden under the 3D Rotation tool.
- Choose the 3D Translation tool.
- Click somewhere on your text. A guide appears on the instance, as shown in Figure 9. This is a guide for the 3D translation. The red guide represents the x axis, the green is the y axis, and the blue is the z axis.
- Click one of the guide axes and drag the mouse in either direction to move the instance in 3D space. Notice that your text stays in perspective as you move it around the Stage (see Figure 10).