- When privacy matters
- For your eyes only
- Clear the decks for weekend fun
- Give pic files unique weekend names
- Find your way anywhere
- Weekend answer man = Google txt
- What are you doing now? Twitter.com
- Meet up. Dodgeball.com
- Social networking. Bluepulse.com
- Social banking. PayPal.com
- Choose an accessory color
- Shop without the drop
- Follow the weekend's sports
- Be your band's groupie
- Directions to the next party
- Interrupting yourself with a fake call
- Check your lipstick and discreet pics
- Find something fast
- Find a movie, reserve a ticket
- Create and beam a discreet profile
- Get a reminder to place a call
- Find the next hot spot with Yelp
- Strike up a conversation
- Being spontaneous
- Night lights
Clear the decks for weekend fun
You’re going to use your smartphone tonight. You’re going to take photos, videos, play music, talk, text, update your MySpace page, email, and find your way with Google Maps. Before you leave for the night, keep your device clutter-free and powered up.
Extending battery life
- Carry an extra battery in the Palm Centro Battery Charger that turns itself into a case.
- Let your device fully charge for about an hour before you leave tonight.
- If you’re driving, bring along your car charger accessory and use it.
- Turn off beaming in Prefs> Power.
- If you’re not going to use Bluetooth features, turn it off.
- Turn the screen brightness down by pressing Option + P.
Check the available memory on your device. Press Applications> Menu> Delete and the screen will show available memory. Delete an old app if necessary and reinstall tomorrow. You can move apps to a card by selecting Menu> Move. Move pics and video to a card from inside the Camera app. See page 19.
Make room for tonight
- To really clean up your email, purge your Outbox too, using the steps above.