- #30 using Vector tools
- #31 Using Shapes as Image Elements
- #32 Understanding the Transform Tools
- #33 Using the Transform Tools
- #34 Distortion-free Scaling with the 9-Slice Scaling Tool
- #35 Creating a Custom Shape
- #36 Understanding the Pen Tool
- #37 Masking an Image with a Vector Shape
- #38 Using the Auto Vector Mask for Quick Fades
#32 Understanding the Transform Tools
Once you’ve drawn a shape, chances are you’ll want to change its size or shape. You can do this in a basic manner by using the Transform tools in the Tools panel. The Transform tools consist of Scale, Skew, Distort, and the new 9-Slice Scaling tool (Figure 32). The Transform tools work just as easily on bitmap images.
Figure 32 Added to the Transform tool set is the 9-Slice Scaling Transform tool.
For more custom changes to paths, you’ll want to work with the Pen tool and the Subselection tool (see Techniques #36 and #37).