Different types of anchor points create different line shapes. Straight lines are formed by creating plain corner points.
To create straight lines:
- Click the Pen tool in the Tools panel .
- Position the cursor where the path should start. A small X appears next to the Pen, which indicates that you are starting the path .
- Click. A plain corner point appears as a colored square. The Pen cursor is displayed without any symbol next to it .
- Position the cursor for the next point and click. This creates another plain corner point with a straight line that connects the first point to the second.
- Continue clicking until you have created all the straight-line sides of the object .
To close a path with a straight line:
- Move the Pen over the first point. A small circle appears next to the Pen . This indicates that you can close the path.
- Click. This closes the path with a plain corner point and allows you to start a new path.