- Flying Solo: Preparing the Project
- Creating Your Long Ago Text
- Building Your Opening Logo
- Animating Your Logo
- Flying Solo: Preparing Your Scrolling Text
- Making the Scrolling Text Scroll
- Changing the Speed
- Transforming the Shape of the Scrolling Text
- Animating the Scrolling Text
- Flying Solo: Adding the Star Wars Theme Music
- Flying Solo: Adding Some Project Polish
- Making Adjustments, Rendering, and Exporting
Flying Solo: Adding Some Project Polish
The project is almost complete. You now only need to make small minor adjustments, adding the polish that will make this, and other projects you create, shine with pride. In this section you are given the opportunity to make these tweaks and adjustments while Flying Solo, in order to reinforce the techniques and skills you have learned so far. We’ve provided you with hints and tips, and if you get lost, refer back to the relevant section in this book to see where you are going wrong. Good luck.
Make Final Tweaks to Your Movie
- Zoom the Timeline in or out to show the whole Timeline (Hint: the plus or minus signs next to the zoom slider).
- Notice that the starfield.jpg clip is too short for the length of your movie (Hint: grab the tail end of the Starfield clip and drag it so it is the same length as the Music clip).
- Add a Fade In to the start of the starfield.jpg and Title 01 on the Start Title track (Hint: select clip; Properties button; Opacity; Fade In button).
- Add the Gaussian Blur effect to the starfield.jpg to punch out those titles (Hint: Effects panel; type “Blur”; drag the Gaussian Blur effect to starfield.jpg; select clip; Properties button; Gaussian Blur controls; Blurriness to suit—try a value of 3).
- Add a Fade Out to the end of the starfield.jpg (Hint: select clip; Properties button; Opacity; Fade Out button).
- Add a Zoom Blur to the starfield.jpg and keyframe it to start at 00;00;41;18 (Hint: Effect; type “Blur”; drag the Zoom Blur to starfield.jpg; select clip; Properties button; Zoom Blur; move CTI to 00;00;41;18; set zoom to “0”; toggle animation on; use Page Down to move the CTI to the end of starfield.jpg; set zoom to suit; try a value of 100).
- Split the Music clip at the 00;00;47;07 point and delete the tail end (Hint: CTI to 47;07; use Split Clip button or Ctrl-K).
- Add a Fade Out for the music clip (Hint: right-click on the clip; select Fade > Fade Out Audio).
- When you are happy with your project, press Ctrl-S to save your work so far, and then proceed to the final section.