- Choosing an Editor
- Starting pico and Dabbling with It
- Saving in pico
- Cutting and Pasting Text Blocks in pico
- Checking Spelling in pico
- Getting Help in pico
- Exiting pico
- Starting vi and Dabbling with It
- Saving in vi
- Adding and Deleting Text in vi
- Importing Files into vi
- Searching and Replacing in vi
- Exiting vi
- Starting emacs and Dabbling with It
- Using emacs Menus to Spell-Check
- Saving in emacs
- Exiting emacs
Checking Spelling in pico
Figure 4.7 pico prompts you to correct the spelling of misspelled words.
Figure 4.8 pico informs you when the procedure is complete.
To spell-check in pico:
At the shell prompt, type pico and the filename of the file to edit.
Pressing these keys starts spell-checking the file. pico will stop at each misspelled word (Figure 4.7).
Type in the correct spelling for any words flagged as misspelled, or press to accept the current spelling and move along to the next word.