- What Is the Replacement TV Effect?
- Filming Tips
- Step 1: Setting Up Your Project
- Step 2: Adding the Media to the Project and the Timeline
- Step 3: Marking the Point for the First Channel to Appear
- Step 4: Adding the First Channel and Applying the Corner Pin Effect
- Step 5: Adding the Second Channel
- Final Steps: Test Render and Add Sound
Step 3: Marking the Point for the First Channel to Appear
Now you'll mark the point where the first TV channel should appear on the TV screen. This should be the point where the Remote Control is pressed for the first time. You will then add a second marker at the point where the Remote is pressed again to “change” the channel.
Task: Add Two Markers to the Timeline by following these steps:
- Use the Zoom slider to fill the Timeline with the clip you have just placed on the Main_Video track.
- Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, move the Current Timeline Indicator (CTI) forward a few frames at a time, until you've identified the point where your actor presses a button on the Remote Control.
- With the CTI in the correct position, press the asterisk (*) key on your keyboard's number pad to add a marker to the Timeline
- Now move the CTI further up the Timeline by pressing the right arrow until you identify the point where the TV channel is changed. Press the asterisk (*) key again to place a second marker (see Figure 7).