- Step 1: Open iMovie
- Step 2: Import Video Clips
- Step 3: Create a New Project in iMovie
- Step 4: Name and Save Your Project
- Step 5: Turn on Advanced Tools and Snap to Beat
- Step 6: Place a Song in the Project
- Step 7: Add Markers to the Soundtrack
- Step 8: Insert Video Clips at the Markers
- Step 9: Mute the Audio of the Inserted Video Clips
- Step 10: Fine-Tune the Video Project
- Final Notes
Step 6: Place a Song in the Project
Click the Show Music and Sound Effects button on the right side of the middle toolbar (the icon shows a music note, circled in Figure 10). Select a snappy tune from the Music and Sound Effects pane and drag it to the empty Edit Project pane. An icon appears in your project, representing the soundtrack.
Figure 10 To show music and other iTunes content that's on your computer, click the Music and Sound Effects button. You can access special iMovie sound effects from the pop-up menu shown, but we won't need them for this project.