- Aug 25, 2010
- Perspective Drawing
- Variable-Width Strokes
- New Bristle Brush and Other Brush Improvements
- Enhanced Strokes: Dashed-Line Adjustments, Precise Arrowheads
- Shape Builder Tool
- Multiple Artboard Enhancements
- Drawing Enhancements: Joining Paths, Select Behind, Draw Behind, Draw Inside
- Roundtrip Editing with Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- Symbol Enhancements
- Crisp Graphics for Web and Mobile Devices
All in all, I really think you will benefit from the upgrade to Illustrator CS5. It has something for everyone. Even if you don't plan on creating a perspective masterpiece, you can always use a faster way to be able to get your work done.
Brian Wood is a seasoned web developer and web/print technology trainer. An Adobe Certified Instructor in Acrobat 9 Pro, Illustrator CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, InDesign CS3, and Photoshop CS3, Brian has authored several training books, including Adobe InDesign CS2 Hands-On-Training, Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book, and others, all published by Peachpit Press. He has also authored online training videos for Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Expression Web, and other products.