Using predefined actions
To use an action, select it in the Action Wizard panel in the Tools pane. To gain practice using actions, you’ll use the Prepare For Distribution action to prepare a document before posting it on an external website.
- In Acrobat Pro, choose File > Open. Navigate to the Lesson11 folder, select Aquo_CEO.pdf, and click Open.
The Aquo_CEO.pdf document is a biography of the chief executive of a fictitious beverage company.
- Click Tools to open the Tools pane, and then click Action Wizard to open its panel.
- Select Prepare For Distribution in the Actions area of the panel.
The opening window of the action appears. It describes the action, lists its steps, reports whether the action is started with an open document or not, and describes how the changed document is to be saved.
- Review the description and steps for this action. When you’ve read the information, click Next to proceed to the first step.
The Add Header And Footer dialog box appears, because the first step of this action is to add a header and footer to the document.
- In the Add Header And Footer dialog box, click an insertion point in the Center Header Text box, and then type Aquo Corporate Information. Click OK to add the header and close the dialog box.
- In the Add Watermark dialog box, click an insertion point in the Text box. Then type Copyright Aquo 2011. Select 20 for the font size, and set the Opacity to 25%. In the Position area of the dialog box, enter 1 point for the Vertical Distance, and choose Bottom from the From menu. Then choose Right from the From menu for Horizontal Distance. The watermark should appear in the lower-right corner of the document in the preview pane. Click OK to accept the watermark.
The third step of the action is to add bookmarks. However, this is a one-page document, so it doesn’t require bookmarks.
- Click Next Step in the instruction step window at the bottom of the application screen.
- Click OK in the Remove Hidden Information dialog box to accept the default selections.
- In the Save As dialog box, name the document Aquo_CEO_dist.pdf, and click Save.
- Click Close in the Prepare For Distribution dialog box, which reports that the action has been completed and displays the name and location of the saved file.
- Close the document.