- A Photo Blog Can Solve Many Problems
- Working with Posts in WordPress
- Adding an Image to Your Post
- Adding Categories & Tags, and Changing Your Publishing Status
- Adding a Gallery of Images to Your Post
- Adding an Animoto Slide Show
- Some Housekeeping Notes on Categories, Tags & Images
- Working with Pages Inside of WordPress
Some Housekeeping Notes on Categories, Tags & Images
The majority of your work can be done right from inside Posts and Pages, but there are times when you’re going to need to delete images, or reorganize categories or tags. So, it’s a good idea to know where these pages are and how to get to them.
- Step One: While I think it’s nice to create categories while you’re creating a post, there may be times that you want to add a category when you’re not creating a post. Just click on Categories from the Posts pop-up menu, and you can easily add them here. Enter the new category in the Name field, click on the Add New Category button, and they’ll appear in the Categories section of the Add New Post page when you go to create a new post.
- Step Two: Post Tags also appears in the Posts pop-up menu. You can add tags here, or see what tags you currently have and how many posts are associated with individual tags.
- Step Three: The Media Library, found under the Media button, will list all of the images that you have uploaded to the site. Just hover your cursor over an image to edit its information or delete it. You’ll also be able to see which images are attached to what posts.
- Step Four: Finally, the Media option found under the Settings button at the bottom lets you control what sizes your small, medium, and large images are when you’re adding them to your post. If you find your images are too small, this is the place to make that change. Keep in mind, though, you’ll have to re-upload your image to apply this new setting.