- Selection tools
- The Rectangular Marquee tool
- The Elliptical Marquee tool
- Single Row or Single Column Marquee tool
- The Lasso tool
- The Polygonal Lasso tool
- The Magnetic Lasso tool
- Feather the edge (make it soft and fuzzy)
- Modify your selection
- The Quick Selection tool
- The Magic Wand tool
- The Pen tool
- The Crop tool
- Transform commands
- Free Transform
- Transform menu options
“Free Transform” lets you do basic transforms, such as resize (scale) and rotate. Also see page 34–35 for another technique using this command.
- Select a portion or all of the image. If you select it all, open the window wide enough that you can see the corners.
- From the Edit menu, choose “Free Transform.”
The Transform bounding box appears around the edges of the image. If you can’t see the corner handles, make the window a little larger.
- To resize the selection proportionately (to maintain its aspect ratio), hold down the Shift key as you drag a corner handle (shown above).
To resize in any way, just drag any handle. Side handles resize in just one direction; corner handles resize both sides at once.
- To rotate the selection, position the cursor a few pixels away from any corner handle (you definitely have to open your window larger for this). When
the cursor changes to a curved double-arrow, press-and-drag the cursor.
See page 86 for commit/cancel options.