- Creating a New Project
- Screening and Marking Clips
- Appending Clips in the Timeline
- Viewing and Arranging Clips in the Magnetic Timeline
- Inserting Clips into the Primary Storyline
- Take 2
- Changing Edited Clips
- Tracking Changes
- Connecting Clips to the Primary Storyline
- Editors Cut
- Closing Your Project
- Lesson Review
The producer of your project is old school and remembers the good old days of drag-and-drop editing. She says she doesn’t trust an editing system where you can’t drag and drop. Although you enjoy the ease of using keyboard shortcuts to make your edits, you know it’s also possible to drag a clip from the Event Browser directly into the Timeline at the desired edit point. You ease the producer’s worries and perform a drag-and-drop edit by following these steps:
- In the Timeline, zoom the project so you can see the last clip.
- In the Event Browser, from the Filter pop-up menu, choose All.
- Select the smokey banner clip in its entirety.
- Drag the smokey banner clip into the Timeline and snap it to the end of the Tony Schumacher clip. Look for the blue insertion line before releasing the mouse button.