- Choosing an Editor: nano/pico or vi/vim
- Starting nano and Dabbling with It
- Saving in nano
- Cutting and Pasting Text Blocks in nano
- Checking Spelling in nano
- Getting Help in nano
- Exiting nano
- Starting vi (or vim) and Dabbling with It
- Saving in vi
- Adding and Deleting Text in vi
- Importing Files into vi
- Searching and Replacing in vi
- Exiting vi
Whew! Time to exit vi .
Use :q! to quit vi without saving changes.
To exit vi:
Enter command mode by typing , then type :q to quit vi. If you haven’t saved your latest changes, vi will not quit and will tell you to use ! to override. To quit without saving your changes, use :q!, as shown in .