- Choosing an Editor: nano/pico or vi/vim
- Starting nano and Dabbling with It
- Saving in nano
- Cutting and Pasting Text Blocks in nano
- Checking Spelling in nano
- Getting Help in nano
- Exiting nano
- Starting vi (or vim) and Dabbling with It
- Saving in vi
- Adding and Deleting Text in vi
- Importing Files into vi
- Searching and Replacing in vi
- Exiting vi
Getting Help in nano
A great way to find out more about nano is to access nano help. In addition to finding answers to your questions, you can discover its features and capabilities as shown in .
nano gives you all the information you need.
To get help in nano:
In nano, press to access help.
Move through the help pages:
- moves you down through the help page.
- moves you up through the help page.
Use this combination to exit help.
To get help with nano startup options:
At the shell prompt, type man nano to learn more about startup options, including a variety of options that control how nano works.